This week Microsoft announced the release of its latest mobile app called Office, and there are some pretty exciting features in it that are sure to make your work and personal life easier. This app is designed to truly utilize your mobile phone with a variety of other familiar Microsoft programs like Word, Excel, and Powerpoint while also adding in some new features like the ability to sign PDFs right from your phone.
In addition to these uses, in the coming months Microsoft will be adding additional features such as the ability to voice dictate directly into a word document from your phone. One other particularly helpful feature is built-in support for third-party storage services like Dropbox and Google Drive. Below are some of our favorite features of the new app!
- Create, open and edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents in just a few taps
- Syncs with the Sticky Notes app on your Windows 10 PC, making jotting down quick notes extremely simple
- OneDrive is integrated right into the app, allowing you quick access to all of your important documents
- The powerful search tool allows you to locate text within documents, filter by people and more
- Scanners are so 2010! Scan documents directly with your phone camera. The app will automatically crop and adjust your document for best readability
- Sign PDF’s with your finger right from your phone
The main reason Microsoft has created this app is to consolidate and simplify many of the most important tools in their Office suite and to then bring them together in a simple clean user interface that is easy to collaborate on.
If you would like to read more, check out Microsoft’s Official Blog Post! Or if you would like to take advantage of all of these fantastic new features, download Microsoft’s new Office App for Android or iOS.
Written by Nathan Luper, Technical Trainer, Greystone Technology
Edited by Jacob Lieber, Marketing Retention Coordinator, Greystone Technology